Wednesday 27 May 2009

REIKI - MAY

On Saturday 23rd May I had my monthly Reiki treatment. The night before, as is becoming a habit with me now, I drew an Archangel card to see what message it held and out came:



The additional message: Look past the surface of this situation and see the underlying truth: that everyone involved is a child of the Universe filled with love. By focusing upon this truth you elicit loving behaviour and solutions. Even though appearances may seem otherwise, trust that a higher wisdom is in charge. Love is the only power that exists, and its light shines away any seeming darkness. Hold the intention to look for examples of this light within yourself and others, and you'll have more light in your mind, heart, thoughts and life. This knowledge is the foundation of peace.

Working with Archangel Chamuel: When you wish to feel more centred, calm and peaceful call upon Chamuel. He is the archangel of personal and global peace. He's very kind, loving and sweet and he'll evoke a pleasant feeling of excitement when he works with you. Know that Chamuel sees your true qualities and loves you unconditionally.

Earlier in the day I'd been reading the latest news on the Baby P case and, as always when it comes to child abuse cases, was struggling to understand how anyone, especially his own mother, could harm such an innocent. I can sort of understand a one-off loss of control that has tragic consequences........ but sustained, systematic abuse? Despite the message in the card I am still struggling to understand and still can't see where the love was in that situation or the adults involved - though I know Baby P will be at peace, looked after by the angels and surrounded with love now, Bless him.

In my own case I can understand the message: stop brooding, release the anger, let go and allow love and light in. It reinforces what I've been trying to do, so decided to use the message during the latest Reiki treatment.

On arriving at the Clinic, after firstly dropping off a bag of books at the local Hospice Bookshop (ones my DS had ousted) I had time to sit and calm and centre myself for a few minutes before Aureen called me through. She asked me how I'd been: apart from a few monthly niggles and what felt like a swollen gland on the left side of my mouth (under my tongue), not bad, having come back from our holiday feeling quite nicely relaxed and chilled out - though that had only lasted until 4 am the Saturday night/Sunday morning following the Friday we came home, thanks to the noisy madam next door and a car full of her mates blithely slamming car doors and bawling their conversation, for around half an hour, as if they were still in the middle of the night club! I wasn't feeling much love and light then, I can tell you! LOL Slightly out of sorts, rather than out of kilter, best described how I felt on Saturday.

I got onto the treatment bed and laid down, was covered with the fleecy blanket and told to relax while Aureen went to wash her hands. While she was out of the room I called on Archangel Chamuel and asked for Inner Peace and to be filled with love and light - again I had to close my eyes immediately as the quiet of the room washed over me.

I try not to go to a treatment with any pre-determined ideas or anticipation of what will happen to try and stop any feeling of disappointment creeping in, iykwim. Some things seem to be a constant, such as seeing the colours swirling behind my eyelids and the relaxation I feel, but each treatment certainly unfolds differently and also seems to bring something different too.

Once the treatment had finished Aureen asked how I felt: Peaceful. Whereas the last session had been pretty intense this one had been very gentle and I was feeling deeply relaxed (had almost nodded off at one point, LOL) and at peace. Aureen said that as she started she'd asked the angels to bring me what was needed, rather than having a specific intention, so I told her about the Oracle card I'd pulled the night before being called Peace and that I'd called on Archangel Chamuel - it certainly worked!

She asked if I'd seen anything or felt anything during the session. Healing purple was predominant, as always, but there did seem to be other colours swirling behind my eyelids. Soon after the session started my left ear went "dull" (the music sounded odd to that ear) then cleared just as quickly and the niggling I'd had on that side of my face had eased. The pictures in my minds eye were more frustrating than usual: the only image I could make out was what I thought was a lotus flower - Aureen pointed out this was usually associated with the crown chakra and she'd been working on that when I saw the image. Everything else was so fleeting I was unable to say what they were.

Whilst I didn't get a definite feeling of someone else being in the room this time there was a moment in the treatment when I wasn't sure where Aureen was because I could feel a pair of hands working on me in one area and had the distinct impression of another hand working at the opposite end. I'd actually thought I'd felt this in previous treatments but it was so vague I shrugged it off. Not this time - it was more definite. Aureen smiled and said I wasn't the first person to mention it. It may seem odd to some but these things just don't freak me out - walking into my bedroom one night and seeing the classic white ghost shape by the bedroom window, now that freaked me out - but this: I just think "Right, OK" and accept it.

Aureen then told me that during the treatment an angel had come into the room. When she asked who he was, he said his name was Daniel (follow the link to Watchers - I like the Grigori explanation): he showed himself with black skin, was wearing a pure white robe, had pure white wings, and very white eyes with deep black centres. When she asked why he was there he said it was to show me the contrast between dark and light, then spread his wings to enfold us in a bubble of protection. Aureen said she then felt we weren't in the room any longer but had been taken up into the Universe, where other angels joined us - some to watch, some to help, before being returned to the room. So wish I could have seen all that! All the while the colour pink was predominant, from maroon through to palest pink - I hadn't seen the paler shades but the darker shades had been there. It may be a coincidence but several times through the treatment I distinctly felt the bed under me move - not quite a wobble, not quite a vibration - which is something that has never happened before...... maybe it was due to the energies or a sense of the movement? I then told Aureen a little more about the meaning of the Oracle card and what I'd asked for before the treatment had begun. I didn't mention my thoughts about Baby P the day before....... though I feel that also had some relevance to what unfolded during this session.

Aureen then told me that the angels gave her the image of a beautiful peacock in full display, to show her how they saw me. I can't say as how I've ever been drawn to peacocks as I have to barn owls but I do love the gorgeous colouring of their plumage. She also said that as soon as she placed her hands on my hips, to work on my base (or root) chakra she immediately saw lots of small wild animals around my feet and a firm grounding to the Earth - was I drawn to wild animals? Definitely! Over the years I've come to realise that I have more of an affinity for the wild creatures than with pets. Yes, pets give love in bucketfuls but having to take the painful decision to have our elderly cat put to sleep after she'd had a stroke was the final straw for me - I couldn't face having to do that again, hence the decision not to keep another pet. Besides, I love to see creatures out there, wild and free, able to follow their own natural instincts and patterns, rather than any that are imposed by humans.....no matter how loving or well meaning those humans are. An example: I love barn owls. I've seen a couple of them up close, in a bird sanctuary, being flown by their handlers and they are beautiful, sleek birds and it was great to see them flying..... not so great to see them tethered. Occasionally I've been lucky enough to catch sight of barn owls out in the wild, on their nocturnal wanderings - Wow! now that was awe inspiring, gave joy to my heart and those encounters have stayed with me, always to be recalled with the same awe inspired wonder. :0)

I'm also not surprised about being firmly rooted in Mother Earth - as a Pagan I should be. :0) Aureen again mentioned about being outside when I can. I told her that I get out into my garden as often as I can, weather permitting, and always feel better after doing so - though I do find the neighbours barking dogs and the Boy Racers booming in-car stereo systems an annoyance that makes outdoor meditation virtually impossible and indoor meditation difficult at times. I told her about loving being out in the countryside too and being drawn to certain places: holiday's at Rural Roosts are refreshing but the ones in the Lake District are particularly precious, as there's an affinity with the area that makes me feel that it's my Soul's Home - some places just feel so right and I come away from them feeling not only refreshed but at peace. She asked if we could move up there: it's my heart's dream but, unfortunately, no - DH's job is here and there's nothing up there that would be as suitable, or be as secure (well, as secure as any job is today). Besides, he's one of the few people I know who actually loves his job. For now I have to be content with how things are........ I've had plenty of practice at that. :0)

After sipping some water I tried standing up and found that I was a bit shakey, in that newborn lamb just starting to walk kind of way, so Aureen advised sitting in reception for a while before leaving and taking it easy for the rest of the day. I thanked her and as I was making my way through she smiled and said: I'll see you next Saturday. You are really going to enjoy the workshop and working with the angels. I certainly am so looking forward to it and can't wait to learn more. :0)

I sat in reception for a while, as instructed, before venturing down the stairs and out into the street. Boy, did the traffic seem suddenly loud! Luckily DH was waiting outside for me: he'd brought down a bag full of bits I'd sorted out for the other Hospice shop, so we took those over there first, then called at the green grocers for a few items before going home for some dinner. DS came home soon after, bearing his haul from Brigg Farmer's Market, so I helped put those away before spending the rest of the day quietly relaxing, stitching a needleroll for a Challenge. DH and DS went out to the LTC Quiz Night at the Guild Room in the evening so I also had a quiet night doing my own thing too. That precious feeling of peace stayed with me for several days afterwards, fuelling me through a Bank Holiday weekend of clearing out junk...... yet another lesson on letting go. :0)

I'm back at the Clinic this Friday (29th) to see Jan and again on the Saturday for the Angel Workshop..... I'll do a write up on both of those. :0)


1 comment:

Julie said...

Reiki is obviously being incredibly beneficial to you Karan, you have grown so much.