Sunday 2 November 2008

MIND, BODY, SPIRIT EVENT

Sunday 9 November was the last Mind, Body and Spirit Event of the year, over at the Lincolnshire Showground. Off we went with a view to getting a couple of Yule gifts and with my intention of having my Tarot Cards read by my favourite reader. It didn't quite turn out like that.

The atmosphere at these events is always uplifting and this was no exception. There was also plenty there to tempt us to dip into purse and wallet or hit the Credit Card.

My first buy of the day were these four CD's. I love all kinds of music but my biggest passion is anything New Age. Daughters of Gaia and Threefold centre their music and song around Pagan/Wiccan themes and these two were must haves, joining the others of theirs I already have. Juliana is new to me: her voice is lovely and she has been likened to Enya. Sorry but that is unfair, as Enya is by far the best Celtic singer ever (IMO) though Juliana's voice could grow on me. Medwyn Goodall is another artiste I enjoy and have a few of his CD's already - as this was Celtic themed it was another must have. I enjoy listening to music and much of my New Age ones are also great for chilling out or meditation.

It was soon obvious that I wasn't going to get my cards read - many of the readers, including my favourite one, were fully booked. Other folk had obviously had the same idea of having a reading done before the festive season. Not to be daunted I decided if I got the chance I'd have an Aura Photograph taken instead and listen to what that reader had to say. Methinks the Universe was conspiring again, to ensure that I got what was needed rather than what I wanted.

Here's the pic (has scanned a little lighter than the original). Pretty, ain't it? LOL She said there was a lot going on and from this the reader knew I'd recently been on medication (anti-biotics for cellulitis) and had throat problems (sore throat with the flu I had afterwards, plus tonsillectomy in the early 1990's) and was feeling washed out (getting over those and the wrong end of the month - of course I was!). I'm a Blue personality: caring, loving and emotional and would make a good Counsellor....... as I have total strangers come up and suddenly start telling me their life stories then this fits well. :0) I'm also psychic (in my family it was a given, though I have no real control over it) and channeling spirit was mentioned. She then asked if I kept getting angry. I do when I think about how we lost Mum and Dad and the medical negligence that was involved and know I have unresolved issues about it all. It brought it out and made me cry - this led to the reader and her partner giving me a healing.

What can I say about that? I have no idea what they did, or how they did it, but it definitely worked: my eyes closed and my legs gave (not unpleasantly so) and they guided me to sit in the chair whilst continuing with the healing for a few more minutes. It was one of the strangest sensations I've ever felt and also one of the most uplifting - when they'd finished and I opened my eyes again it felt like a huge weight had been lifted off me. Just as startling to me: all through I had total trust in these two strangers and not once did I worry about the room full of people behind us or about being on view through it all, something which has generally held me back from having any of the treatments at these events. I couldn't thank them enough for their help and now accept it's time to let those issues go. :0)

We spent a bit of time sat in the Zone of Tranquility tent after this. The Zone is a little oasis of quiet set aside for taking time out from the busyness of the place: it's lit by fake candles (Health and Safety banned the real ones!) and you can light incense sticks, meditate..... or just sit and sip water whilst chilling, as we did.

Back into the fray and we went to listen to Dragonfly Moon, otherwise known as Scott Jasper and Susan Garlick, perform three songs of theirs. We first heard them at an event earlier in the year and DS so liked their music he bought some of their CD's, which we played a lot whilst on our holiday.
Their songs are mostly based on Celtic mythology and British folklore and their
music is a lovely mix of Celtic, Native American,
Peruvian panpipes and the like, with a didgeridoo occasionally thrown in for good measure - a real hand clapping, toe tapping "I want to get up and dance" medley. Yes, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves during that musical interlude. LOL
And as DS will take his CD's with him when he eventually gets his own place we decided to indulge ourselves and buy our own, so I can now enjoy them whenever I feel the need. :0)

The Dragonfly Moon stall also sells all kinds of musical intruments from around the world, all ethically sourced from Fair Trade co-operatives. DS already has a mouth organ and a Vietnamese mouth harp....... this time he came away with a beautifully carved didgeridoo. For reasons I can't really fully explain I've had a yen to acquire a drum.

Yes, a drum - as in Sacred Drumming. Scott played several for me but I'd spotted this little beauty as soon as I went to their stall and knew it was the one for me - my fingers just itched to get hold of it and play.














This was made by Native Indians in New Mexico so is the genuine article. If it hadn't sold Susan Garlick was going to acquire it for herself, so I apologised for taking it from her but she was very gracious and was glad it was going to a good home. I waited until Monday, when I was on my own, before trying it out and it was so much fun! Good job we live in a detached house is all I can say. LMAO :0)

DH finally gave in and had an electronic acupuncture treatment done. Every show we've been to he'd hover round this, desperately wanting to try it, but ended up bottling it every time (he's worse than me! LOL) but things had gone much quieter by this time, so he let the woman talk him into it. It helped to ease the pain in his shoulder that had been bugging him for over a week and the Chinese herbal linament she rubbed in also helped. That had us sniffing the air, trying to work out what was in it - reminders of Ralgex, Winter Green and Olbas Oil but it wasn't any of those. One of the women was a good salesperson because he also came away with a couple of herbal medicines as well.

This time around I only bought one crystal, a piece of Malachite, which I wanted for help with my arthritis. This was the piece I was drawn to (the best of many bad pics - it just won't photograph clearly):

It's such a pretty piece IRL. When I read the little info sheet that came with it, after we got home, I could almost hear the Universe laughing. Not only is it good for arthritis and swollen joints (the reason I bought it) but it also: helps soothe and calm; is an anti-depressant; instils a sense of courage in times of stress; also promotes inner peace and compassion; will dig out deep feelings, hurts and resentments and will break unwanted ties and patterns of behaviour and it makes you realise the reasons why you are supporting an illness. Yes, I got what was needed, am listening and definitely get the message! LOL

By this time it was late in the day so we headed for the door with DH saying it was definitely time to go, as he'd spent enough and didn't want the Chinese woman selling him anything else. ROFL Just as we were setting off in the car I finally realised what the main ingredient was in the Chinese linament: camphor oil.

Just to round the day off nicely: on the way home we called in at MaiMai Gardens for a Chinese takeaway. LMAO

I was happy but shattered and had a very early night. :0)

No comments: